Tuesday, January 20, 2009

waking up to snow

So I went to the grocery store yesterday, good husband that I am, before Stephanie got back from her weekend trip so she wouldn't have to go later. Little did I know that I would be in the middle of the southern ritual of ambushing the bread and milk aisle before a little of the white stuff fell out of the sky... To my shock and utter disappointment, one hour later (yes, one HOUR) I was finally able to make it out of Lowe's Foods (this was after a failed attempt to land a parking spot at Wal-Mart...you think that would've clued me in that more people than usual we going out for their MLK-day shopping spree) only to find out when I got back to the apartment that snow was on the way. At least that explained the crowds...sort of... But why anyone in the south actually thinks he is going to be snowed in is beyond me.

The good news: I don't have to go to Greek class at 8:00am. The bad news: It was only pushed back to 10:00... So it goes...

So, here it is, as of 7:00 am this morning, Flaherty Farms under a blanket of snow, with more forecast to come during the rest of the morning and perhaps into the afternoon.


No comments: