Monday, March 2, 2009

be a Caleb

I read Numbers 13-14 this morning and wanted to say a quick thanks to some people out there.

I've had a handful of people in my life be Caleb to me. Like Caleb, who was among the spies to go check out the Promised Land and then urged the people to follow God faithfully in the face of seemingly overwhelming opposition, these people - in Athens, Dahlonega and now in Wake Forest - encourage me to keep trusting, keep following, and keep seeking to obey God's voice.

In my estimation, I can think of no higher way to love a fellow Christian.

In times of great need - when I felt ready to "throw in the towel" - and in the day-to-day walking with God, these people have been there. Standing beside me. Walking with me. Encouraging me, at times with urgency, to go into the Promised Land of trusting in God's word.

I'm thankful for you guys. You make me want to be a Caleb as well.

No comments: